Official Instagram account

Instagram

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sydney, Australia - Day 1

This is my first post on my awesome Australia trip. I'm gonna blog about it from the very beginning all the way to the end.

 Me and le sister in KLIA2 - ready to takeoff with our Touristly sign! I just love the color!

Our flight to Sydney was at 2345hrs. So we arrived 03 hours early before departure. 

Once reached KLIA2 (Newly opened terminal mainly purposes for low cost carrier like AirAsia and Malindo Air). We went to baggage check-in and had our late dinner at one of the Chinese Restaurant and i ate Duck rice. I was okay. Not too bland and not too flavorful or maybe i think i am nervous because of the flight till my tongue can't taste anything. Haha! 

My supper BBQ Chicken + Roasted Duck Rice. Yummy!

Yes i had bad experience last time, when we heading back to Kuala Lumpur from friend's wedding in Miri. That was my most unforgettable in-flight experience. There was no injuries caused but i feel my heart just go up and down when the plane hit the air turbulence plus the weather that night not good (Thunder storm + heavy rain). At one point i don't think i'm gonna fly again.

Well that was before. Now i'm pretty sure i have overcome my fear. (Yet, i'm still don't like the moment when plane take-off.).

Hours passed. It's time to on board the plane. I'm excited! Oh yeah its a 8 hours flight luckily i did bring some readings and my laptop. Otherwise im doomed!

Nothing much to say, except flight was full. Almost 80% of them was 'Stralian (See that ? I'm adapting).

8 hours flight seems not long 'cos i fell asleep. (Thank God). 

So around 0930h we arrived at Sydney International Airport.

Oh yeah you need to fill in the declaration card. Usually cabin crews will hand it out to you before landing. (No worry if you lost it, you can still get it at the airport). But bare in mind. In my previous post i did mentioned that Australia is one of the strictest country!. So do check your belongings and if you unsure just tick 'yes' otherwise you might get into trouble. You may read my previous post about 'Declare or beware!' .


Once everything settled (immigration checks and all those checkpoints), we went to buy local simcard (Vodafone) and Opal Card (card that used for all the public transportation.)

Our hotel is located 40 minutes from airport and 30 minutes from Sydney so to get there we need to take train. From Sydney Airport > Central > Parramatta.

On later post i will share few things about our hotel and it surroundings. Till then, see ya mate!

 Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...